Thursday, August 18, 2016

Hunt for HDMI capture device

Which Capture Card should I get for streaming or recording? Last Update:Mar 14, 2014
I also want to mention a special thing you have to be aware of with all capture cards below the 500$ range. You cannot capture 1080p 60fps footage at 60fps with a USB/PCI-E x1 or even Thunderbolt device (currently available). The Avermedia Live Gamer HD is the only card I currently know of that supports downscaling this footage to 720p while keeping 60fps. Still if you want to record/stream on 1080p you will only get 30fps as the bandwidth seems to be not sufficient for full 1080p 60fps output of the card over PCI-E x1 slots. For the Hardcore User, Kona/Datapath/BlackMagic all offer more powerful capture cards which can Input up to 2K/4K resolutions. The prices vary between 800-2000$.

omracer Reviews: HDMI Capture card PCI-E (Trident 7160 HD/ Timeleak HD72A)
Published on Oct 20, 2014
From comment:
I can't get it to work on Windows 10. It'll detect it once I have the drivers installed. But when I try to use it (I've tried using the Honestech DVR that it comes with as well as OBS and XSplit), they all give a blank capture.  And apparently the drivers are really only for up to Windows 8.1 anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment